Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: Region D Championship

  1. #51
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D Championship

    centenialdawg--kiss our collective rears!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dried up old piece of Appy coal dust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #52
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D Championship

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who woulda thunk it? </div></div>

    Raises hand. ME!
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #53
    Inactive Member greenwavefan92's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2004
    Posts
    475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D Championship

    My hats off to burton and clintwood today for a well played game .... I just thought we wanted it a little more in the 4th qtr... i give props to ethan stewart... hes a class act .... nest of luck green.. lets bring it on home!!

  4. #54
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D Championship

    Hats off to the Wave. Didn't think it could be done. I guess it's their turn to lose a few state games in a row. LOL
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  5. #55
    Inactive Member imported_Wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D Championship

    I was very impressed with both, Clintwood and Burton today. They fought hard and played a tough football game with very few penalties. Neither team ran their mouths, I am sure that they did to each other a little bit just trash talkin, but nothing out of hand and to be of concern, or threw any cheap shots at one another. I don't know why and I am not sayin Burton are rednecked and dirty, but I was just waitin on fustrations to build from knowin their season was over and come off the ball with a little extra something on a kneel down. I saw it gettin ugly, but it did not and I was impressed with the way Burton took the loss. No one likes to lose, but they left the field with class.

    This was a hard fought game, probably one of the top three in the region this year, it was all it was expected to be. I felt the muffed punt was what turned the last game and got Burton the LPD crown. My hat is off to the Burton seniors and the coachin staff that were apart of the incredible 4 year run. I know a lot of people say things and poke and make fun of Burton for not winnin the state game, but gettin there was a big thing and I am proud to say that Burton is from the LPD. The school nor the seniors have anything to be ashamed of, hold your heads high fellas because you have done a great job in your high school careers. You truely left your mark on your school, the district, region, and state. That is something a lot of people can not say.

    Good game by both teams and congrats to the Clintwood Greenwave. Represent us well at semi state and hopefully state. The coaches and players are a class act and they play hard every week.
    The LPD is the best district in the state of Virginia.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member imported_baxter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2007
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D Championship

    Shew, well well.. one day after the madness of region D and the effects have far from worn off. I am a greenwave player and I have to say that Burton is a stand up bunch and I have complete respect for them. I personnaly have yet to relize the all around goal we had just accomplished. Coach had told us coming in we had to play our perfect game to win this and Burton made us do just that. A very hard fought game and I have learnt alot from it. I made a couple of mistakes so i thank my teammates for pulling me back up and it fells great to hold up that trophy. So I would like to congratulate JIB for a great season and good luck next year.
    And everyone come out and watch us at BC, it should be a good game and lets pray a LPD victory is on hand.

    212 Wave Pride


  7. #57
    Inactive Member mk3supra's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2006
    Posts
    536
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D Championship

    I wished I could travel to BC....due to work and upcoming events, I can't make the trip..
    [url="http://hookersburg.myminicity.com"]http://hookersburg.myminicity.com[/url]

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D Championship

    Won't be missing much. Clintwood will blow the Chargers out.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  9. #59
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D Championship

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who woulda thunk it? </div></div>

    Raises hand. ME! </div></div>

    Sure you did... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D Championship

    I did. I thought they'd win one of the 2 this year. I'm just glad it was the one that mattered the most. They had wholesale lineup changes a week before they played the first time. When they played the first time, that o-line was only in their second game together and consisted of 2 frosh, a soph, a jr, and a sr if I'm not mistaken. They hadn't had time to gell. They've been getting better every week since.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •